Nanomedicines Characterization Core Facility (NCore) reopen policy (Starting June 1, 2020):
If you have symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with Covid-19 then do not enter the NCore facility; follow CDC guidelines and self-quarantine.
- No new trainings will be provided until further notice. Consider submitting your samples to NCore staff to perform the analysis for you.
- Contact-free drop off location is available near room 2214, Marsico Hall.
- Staff will be available daily from 7am to 10pm via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (727)307-6269. On-site staff support will be provided by request.
- Trained users can assess the facility on their own. The instruments will be available for trained users 24 hours a day, to accommodate reduced capacity.
- Ilab registration is required. Reservations must be made at least 1 hour in advance: no walk-up sessions are allowed. Leave the lab as soon as you have finished your work.
- Do not enter any equipment room if anyone is already present wait until the person leaves the room.
- When entering NCore facility, everyone must:
- Always wear a mask even if no one else is present in the lab.
- Wash hands with soap or use hand sanitizer upon entering the facility. Spray bottles with 70% Ethanol are provided near each instrument.
- Put on gloves and wear them at all times while operating the instrument. Discard gloves in waste bin or glove recycling bin before leaving the room.
- Sanitize the instrument, keyboard and mouse before and after the experiment.
UNC researchers must follow specific guidelines while working on campus, including monitoring health and reporting onset of symptoms, wearing University-approved face masks inside facilities, maintaining six-foot physical distancing and adhering to specified sanitation and hygiene practices. Additional information regarding resuming operations on campus can be found here.